Hi there! You’ve reached an older post on the #YUBlog that may no longer contain relevant or up-to-date information. For the latest posts on York University go to our homepage where you can also search for posts by topic.
It’s that time of year again: As those of you coming to the end of your high-school careers are beginning to think hard about what shape your future will take, universities are opening their doors to give you a first-hand feel for the life of a typical university student. Here at York, that special Experience York Day is coming up on Saturday, March 11, for our main Keele campus (and Sunday, March 5, for our mid-town bilingual Glendon campus).
There’s no better way to find out whether you can imagine yourself “at home” on a campus than to visit it, look around and talk to people to get your questions answered or hear some amazing stories. So, go ahead, register, and take a step toward your future in just a week’s time.
Here’s a quick list of what you can look forward to:
- Tours, tours, tours: Explore campus, our residences, labs and other facilities, as well as our amazing green spaces.
- Program information: Learn about the ins and outs of York’s many unique programs.
- Admissions help: Confused about requirements? Wondering about particular pathways to university? We have expert staff on hand to help you.
- People: Talk to those in the know — your future profs, current students, alumni, advisers and other staff.
- Money matters: Getting a good education does not come without a cost. Have experts guide you in how to stay financially healthy and supported while pursuing your studies.
- Workshops and mock lectures: Listen in on a short version of a typical lecture or get your hands dirty in workshops that range from the exploration of costumes to business case studies and digital maker labs.
- Terminology: University can sometimes mean a lot of new language. What is the difference between a major and a minor? What is experiential education? What do study-abroad or co-op options entail? Learn all this and more in special information sessions.
- Student Life Zone: It’s not all about classes and exams. Explore what Colleges, clubs and support services can do to help you excel inside the classroom,
- Cake and coffee: It’s York’s 58th birthday and we’re celebrating in style!
Need more details? Check out the full online agenda for the day! Remember to customize it to fit your needs and wishes and print out your personalized version before arriving on campus to make the most of your day. It’ll be a great one.
See you soon!