YorkU Vocabulary You Need to Know

Posted by Jamila on April 24, 2014

Diary of an Undergrad

vocabulary-logoThere are all sorts of YorkU vocabulary you need to know when it comes to courses and programs and these are just a few of them.

Transfer Credit: It is also called advanced standing and it is the amount of course credits or equivalent you are given because you have studied at another post-secondary institution prior to York University.

General Education: Also called “gen-eds,” these are general education courses and they provide a broad interdisciplinary perspective on the

Electives: These are credits for courses outside of your major or area of specialization. They could be courses that interest you from other faculties.

Grade Point Average: At York University, the grade point average is your cumulative grade point average which shows on your grade point and it has a numerical value from 0 to 9.

Grade Point Value: This is the letter that is assigned to the grade point average score. 9 = A+; 8 = A; 7 = B+; 6 = B; 5 = C+; 4 = C; 3 = D+; 2 = D; 1 = E; 0 = F.

 Image Source.