York University has had quite the exciting year. I’d like to take some time to remnice on all the great times that everyone who is a part of the York community has had over the past 8 months.
1. Frosh Week! – our newest students got their first taste of what university was going to be like in an exciting week of parties, events and making new friends.
2. Classes Commence – everyone returns or starts their classes here at York. People rush to buy text books, find their lecture halls and meet their professors.
3. Homecoming Game – although the Lions lost to Ottawa U, alumni and students enjoyed a fun day on campus.
4. Co-curricular days – students enjoy a few days off to catch up on readings, visit family or study for midterms.
5. Red and White Day – everyone dressed in their red and white to show their York Spirit!
6. Exam Period – Students made it through hopefully with great marks to show for it!
7. Start of Semester Two – everyone reunites, starts their new classes or picks up with old ones.
8. The Beggar’s Opera – a pan faculty play involving music, theatre, dance, and digital media is put on to great success.
9. Reading Week! – Students have a week to relax, work on projects and study for midterms.
10. Red and White Day round 2 – another day for students to show their spirit, and the first ever aerial photograph for York University!
11. Classes wrap up and exams are taken – students say good bye to friends while finishing up their examinations. Another successful year for the York U Lions!
We’ve had quite the year, as a whole as well as each individual student. Personally I had a rewarding year filled with dance shows, workshops and of course writing these blog posts. Hopefully these were informative and helpful in showing what life at York is like!