Staying healthy while at university can be challenging at times, but it is definitely not impossible! In fact, with a little bit of planning it can be easy. Here at York University we have many locations on campus that are known for their health benefits.
1. Tait McKenzie – the Keele campus gym. The best place to exercise, complete with a pool, weights, exercise machines, personal trainers and a variety of classes you can take.
2. Freshii – one of the many restaurants on campus, Freshii boasts an impressive spread of salads, rice bowls and healthy snacks to keep you fueled throughout your week.
3. Berries and Blooms – here you can stock up on as much fruit as you can possibly want at their fruit bar! Or get yourself a smoothie with some protein powder after your workout.
4. Nutrition House – the perfect place to pick up any vitamins you might need or many other natural health products!
5. York University Commons – this is a huge field in the center of campus that is perfect for soaking up some vitamin D in the spring and summer months. It’s also a perfect place to play frisbee or play soccer in between classes.
There you have it! Five of the many places on campus to exercise eat right and stay healthy.