Here are some suggestions for what you could be doing to prepare for transition to University over your winter break.
- Current Ontario Secondary School Students (OUAC 101) – Application deadline is Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
**Note: Different deadlines apply to different applications such as Medical and law etc. For all other deadlines visit the OUAC website.
Get any references if needed for your supplementary application.
The following programs at York U require Supplementary Applications:
- Fine Arts – Supplementary Evaluation.
- Faculty of Education – Accessed through My File.
- Schulich School of Business – Accessed through PDF.
- Social Work – Accessed through My File. (If you are applying directly from high school in Canada; do not submit a supplementary admission information form. Non-Canadian high school applicants only – must submit this form.)
Fill out your student financial profile (SFP):
To apply for scholarships, awards, bursaries and, on-campus employment such as Research at York (RAY), Work-Study, College Life at York (CLAY) and York Engaged Students (YES)–you must fill out your Student Financial Profile. You should complete the SFP at the start of each academic session (once for fall/winter and once for summer) to be considered for a variety of programs.
Apply for scholarships
Now, that you have your SFP completed be sure to apply for bursaries, awards and scholarships. Some scholarships require a written component to be submitted. In order to produce good quality work, it is always best to start planning and working on this during break when you have some free time.
- Check out all the awards, bursaries, and scholarships that are being offered through your SFP. So apply away!
- You can also apply for External Awards.
Good luck with your preparations. Please leave any comments, concerns, and questions below for further inquiries.
I wish all of you a very safe and happy holiday season!