Gaining International Experience at York

Posted by York & U on December 13, 2012

Get In The Know

Have you ever dreamt of studying minutes from a white sand beach with crystal clear water? How about studying  in a university that is centuries old? Best of all, how would you like to gain international experience in your field?

York University’s International Bachelor of Arts (iBA), International Bachelor of Science (iBSc) and International Bachelor of Business Administration (iBBA) degree programs help to give students valuable international experience by studying abroad and strengthening their language skills. iBA, iBSc and iBBA programs are offered through certain programs of study and require students to take both a foreign language and at least one semester abroad.

One of the many fabulous destinations for potential exchange.

Emphasis on international experience and secondary language skills are central to the program. Students are required to gain international experience on exchange at one of York University’s partner institutions abroad. Students normally complete this exchange term in their third year of study. While on exchange, students remain enrolled at York while completing credits towards their course. In other words, your credits earned abroad will go towards your degree at York. Students who are not enrolled in an iBA, iBSc or iBBA program, but still want to go abroad, may voluntarily go on exchange to one of York’s partnered universities

iBA programs are offered at both the Glendon and Keele campuses, while the iBSc and iBBA are limited to Keele and Schulich. For more information about York’s iBA, iBSc and iBBA programs, visit York’s future students website.