Applying for university can feel overwhelming and all-encompassing. I remember the stress of figuring out which universities I wanted to apply to. Then when that step was done, I had to figure out how to actually apply. It was a tough process, but one every university student has to go through. Now I don’t mean to add more stress and pressure onto you all you potential York students, but the deadlines are coming up.
- For Ontario High School Students the deadline for applying if January 16, 2012.
- For Canadian High School Students the deadline is February 6 or August 14 depending on which program you are applying for, with March 6 being the date for early consideration.
- International students have similar deadlines as Canadian high school students with February 6 remaining the same; however some for some programs the deadline is June 5
If you are still unsure if you want to apply to York, let me remind you of why this University is so awesome!
- There are so many programs to choose from, and if you are unsure about what you want to major in, you can choose to start off with an Undeclared Major!
- It’s easy to find a group of like-minded people here at York because of the College System – You are automatically part of a college based off of your major and events like Frosh Week, living in residence, and other events and programs throughout the year help you to connect with other people within in the community.
- York is in the exciting city of Toronto! So whether you live nearby and want to commute, or you’re not from around here, it is a great experience to spend time in Ontario’s capitol. Especially because improvements are being made as we speak to make it easier to get around, particularly the subway extension.
- There is something for everyone here. With over 350 different student organizations to join, you are bound to find something that you are interested in! The groups range from the Archery Club to the Beard Appreciation Society. It’s easy to find out about the groups, as well as keep track of your involvement with YU Connect.
Best of luck to all of those students who are applying to York!